IISD is an Independent Public Policy Think Tank and Scientific Research Institute. The Institute is based in New Delhi and having a National and International Network of Partners. It focuses on leadership development and encourages frank and open dialogue on the most important issues facing Indian society today, to help foster its transformation. The Institute also engages civil society, business, governments and other key stakeholders on issues of importance to India's Sustainable Development.
IISD’s activities include:
• Public Policy Dialogues to promote a deeper understanding of India’s Sustainable Development Challenges
• Leadership Seminars that bring together small groups to explore fundamental truths through the Socratic method
• Research, Consultancy and Policy Advisory on various subjects realting to Social, Environmental and Business Sustainablity
• Capacity Buiding and Training Programs starting from the Business Leaders to the Community Heads at grassroot level
• Promotion of Sciencetific and Industrial innovations and developing right Policy Framework and Business Models for scaling of up these innovations for attaining Sustainable Development
• Policy Programs that bring together small groups of stake holders to improve Public and Private sector Policy Making
IISD is a growing organization and invites you to join our team. IISD strives to have a workforce, which reflects diversity and gender balance and applies an equal opportunities approach. All selection is on merit basis.
Teamwork, training, a supportive work environment and community involvement form the foundation of our success. IISD offers research, documentation, consultancy and engaging with communities, Kind of opportunities for research scholars from diverse backgrounds, with mandatory skills and knowledge of English language to work on a range of projects of national and international importance.
Following Skills will be Required :
• Excellent Computer Skills with high typing Speed
• MS Office, with Professional Working Experience in MS Excel, Power Point
• Computer Graphics and Flex Banner Making and Design
• Social Media Engagement in Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and YouTube etc
• Excellent Knowledge Of English Communication Skills, both in Speaking and Writing
• Knowledge & Experience in Office Administration and Management
No Problem with Qualification and Experience. But the Candidate should be Possessing all or few above skills, will be preferred. If you have Some Experience and Wish to learn the Rest Let’s us Know Clearly. Attractive Stipend / Salary as per Skills. Write for an Informal Interaction and Send your Detailed CV at [email protected] with a copy to [email protected].
2. Research Analyst: Sustainable Mobility
IISD seeks to hire a Research Analyst to conduct quantitative and qualitative research on issues pertaining sustainability of the transport sector, including on Walking, Bicycling as a Sustainable Mobility Mode, Promotion of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles Policy Research etc. Job Responsibility involves addressing the challenges of developing appropriate Business Models to centre-stage all modes of Sustainable Mobility with respect to present public transport trends in mobility services. The Candidate should have experience with Data Analysis Tools and Knowledge of Transportation Modeling etc. Experience in Business Model Development, will certainly be an advantage.
About the Assignment
• To assist in progressing IISD’s research in the transportation and mobility areas and find integration with other thematic and research work areas.
• To survey and analyze the research data on travel demand surveys and household surveys using various data analysis tools.
• To extrapolate and verify data, evaluate, organize and edit and do the value addition to the draft reports
Job Duties and Accountabilities
• Primary and Secondary Research of Transportation and Mobility Sector
• Engage in field work inside and outside Delhi to Organizing Surveys and Interviews with Commuters, Transport Authorities and Other Stakeholders, if required
• Assist Research Team in Other related Responsibilities
• Writing Research Reports, as per Project Guidelines
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree with Specialization in Transport Planning, Sustainability Studies and Energy, Environment or Other related Disciplines. Background in Engineering, Public Policy or Economics will also do with Transport Planning orientation
• Strong Analytical skills with Exposure to relevant tools for Data Analysis and Modeling
• Must be adopt at using MS-office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point Presentations)
• Experience in Qualitative Research is Desirable
• Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills, also will be an added advantage
Competitive Compensation – Commensurate to the Experience and at par the Best of the Market and Standards adopted in other similar Public Policy Research Organizations.
We at IISD are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
With confidence, please forward your latest CV with 2 important reference details, photograph, along with other credentials, certificates in favour of justification and 2-3 pages write up - why you are interested for this post? at [email protected] with a copy to [email protected].
Applications will be shortlisted and be called for an interview or a detailed Interaction on one to one basis. Other standard Application Procedure of the Institute will follow, either online (Virtual) or Offline (Regular) platform. Candidate Selected will be posted at New Delhi.
In Case of any Clarification, Please Confidently Contact Mobile: +91-7011510990
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
The candidate should be able to work in tight-knit and dynamic team that works on a wide range of issues related to his/her areas Of expertise. He/she should have strong networking and Liaoning skills, the willingness to travel and be fluent in both written and spoken English and Hindi. The position is based in Delhi and may involve frequent travel to target project towns/cities.